This is a nice remote 1st Line Helpdesk role with a prestigious independent Investments firm, joining a team supporting 2,300 users across 30 locations in 12 countries. We are offering a 6 month rolling contract and the potential to become permanent in the future.
You will be working remotely but you will need to be able to attend the Mayfair office once a month and so you will need to live in a commutable location and be happy with this occasional visit. The team operates in a rotating shift pattern between the hours of 08:00 & 19:00, and you will also ned to participate in the on call rota which covers evenings and weekends around once a month.
Youi will be supporting around 500 users across Europe, Asia, and Middle East on a busy follow the sun help desk.
Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills are required and you must be able to think on your feet and work well as part of a team to deliver best outcomes for users.
- Ideally 1-3 years’ experience supporting end-users with software, hardware and network issues via phone and a Help Desk management system. - preferably ServiceNow
- Ability to handle high profile end users with professionalism and empathy.
- Ability to learn new technologies and methods quickly and to communicate technical detail across all levels.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and great phone manner.
- Self-motivated, punctual and able to work to deadlines.
- Experience using a help desk management system.
- General interest and savviness in technology
- Act as the first point of contact for all technical queries via the Helpdesk management system (ServiceNow) and over the phone.
- Ensure all calls and emails are responded to in an efficient manner and taken ownership of from capture through to resolution while meeting service level agreements.
- Ensure all queries are maintained, updated, and escalated where appropriate using ServiceNow helpdesk management system.
- Maintain end user facing and internal department documentation.
- Identify areas of potential improvement, highlight problems, and suggest solutions to ensure continuity of service delivery.
- Complete the on-boarding and off-boarding processes for new joiners and leavers.
- Liaise with third party solution providers on escalated issues and keep users informed of progress.
- Carry out other duties as required to support the overall effectiveness of the IT Department.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016 and hopefully Office 365
- Basic account and group management in Active Directory, and MS Exchange.
- Experience/understanding of mobile device management (Airwatch & MS Intune preferred).
- Experience/understanding of systems management tool (Landesk preferred).
Nice To Have:
- Financial industry experience.
- Office relocation/desk move experience.
- ITIL, CompTIA or O365 certifications.
- Audio/visual system Support e.g. Polycom
- Experience supporting phones system adds/moves/changes e.g. Cisco, Avaya etc..
- Experience of IT support across multiple time zones.
- Any of these language skills - French, German, Spanish, Arabic - to help support our foreign language speaking users
- Understanding of Group Policy design, management and implementation.
- Experience using ServiceNow.
Although this role is REMOTE and offering on a WORK FROM HOME basis you must be able and willing to attend the office in Mayfair once a month or when reasonably required.