We are looking for an senior 2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer - this could be classed as 3rd Line by some clients. We are offering a 6 month rolling contract without an end date. This team supports around 500 users globally but mainly in London Asia and the Middle East and the firm itself is a high end Financial client who are engaged in Investment Banking, Investment Management and Advisory on a worldwide basis.
There is a soft shift pattern and they provide cover between 8am and 7pm on a rotating shift basis as well as on call at weekends once a month.
You will need excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to think on your feet and work well as part of a team.
- Act as an escalation point to 1st line support and assisting the 3rd line team for all technical requests and incidents.
- Ensure ownership of incidents, requests and problems from capture through to resolution while complying with SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Assist in the technical development of the 1st line team providing support where necessary.
- Ensure all incidents & requests are maintained/updated daily, and escalated where appropriate using the Help desk management system (ServiceNow).
- Maintain end user facing and internal department documentation.
- Adhere to and assist in the development of all helpdesk processes.
- Identify areas of potential improvement, highlight problems, and suggest solutions to ensure continuity of service delivery.
- Complete the on-boarding and off-boarding processes for new joiners and leavers.
- Liaise with third party solution providers on escalated issues and keep users informed of progress.
- Carry out other duties as required to support the overall effectiveness of the IT Department.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience on a busy helpdesk with extensive experience supporting end-users with software, hardware and network issues via phone and a Helpdesk management system
- Strong troubleshooting and information gathering skills
- Ability to handle high profile end users with professionalism and empathy
- Ability to learn new technologies and methods quickly and to communicate technical detail across all levels
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and phone manner
- Appreciates importance of process and structure and be able to demonstrate this
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering great customer service
- Sense of urgency and excellent prioritisation skills
- Solid experience dealing with VIPs
- Inquisitive and critical thinker who is willing and able to contribute, discuss and develop new ideas
- General interest and savviness in technology
- Experience dealing with high volumes of tickets (resolving 15+ per day)
- Experience on a global helpdesk
- Exposure to and knowledge in ITIL
- Use of Excel to generate and manipulate data with experience of pivot tables and formulas
- Microsoft Windows 10, use and advanced troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office 2016-O365, use and troubleshooting
- High level of understanding of two-factor authentication
- Usage of IT Service Desk software to track user incidents (ServiceNow desirable)
- Voice system administration; support, provisioning and troubleshooting (Avaya desirable)
- Using Antivirus and malware software to clean PCs
- Mobile device management (Intune desirable)
- Troubleshooting mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Experience with virtual environment technology (Citrix)
- Experience installing and troubleshooting conference phones (Analogue & IP)
- Advanced account and group management in Active Directory, and MS Exchange.
- Understanding of management tools; software deployment and imaging (Landesk preferred).
- Good understanding of networking
- Financial industry experience.
- Office relocation/desk move experience.
- Reinstalling Operating Systems with imaging software
- ITIL, Comptia or O365 certifications.
- Video Conferencing support and troubleshooting (Teams, Zoom, Bluejeans & Polycom)
- Experience of IT support across multiple time zones.
- French, German, Spanish, Arabic language skills a massive bonus
- Understanding of Group Policy design, management and implementation.
The team are WFH at the moment. We expect that onboarding and some site training and familiarisation will take place in the office for the first few weeks of the contract and there will be a gradual return to hybrid working and so this location must work for you.