Our client, a Lloyds Broker, is looking to recruit a Binder Technician on a 6 month contract (maternity cover) to start immediately. The successful candidate will be working through a bordereaux for one of their MGA clients.
This role is ideal for someone who understands the Lloyds Market and binder process.
- Flexible working hours to suit you (+ potential to work up to 2 days a week from home)
- Possible extension due to a constantly increasing work load.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using Excel for Binder and Bordereaux reports for an MGA
- Handling exchanging
- Dealing with Tax schedules, premiums etc.
- Processing and updating information on the Lloyds exchanging system
- Management of Binding Authority Bordereaux
- Production of LPANs
- Processing lineslips
- Drafting binders
- Bordereaux checks and reconciliations with the Finance team
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of the practices and processes of the Lloyd’s and London insurance markets
- Knowledge and experience of the workings and running of Lloyd’s Binding Authorities
- Experience and understanding of the insurance classes of business
- Knowledge of the legal principles governing insurances
- Knowledge of the FSA regulatory framework governing insurance brokers
- Knowledge of and fluency in personal computer operating systems/application software (e.g. Microsoft Windows; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal skills, tact, courtesy, good listening skills, team player
- Self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills