This role is focused on delivering approved new instruments to the business. The scope of the role encompasses business requirements gathering, specification generation, project and resource management, testing, delivery management, project reporting and communication as well as solution implementation and subsequent query resolution.
The job requires a talented individual with a combined skills set of business knowledge, instrument knowledge as well as strong analytical and project management skills.
Skills & Experience
- Preferably at least 5 years industry experience – Asset Management / Investment Management only
- Relevant Investments qualifications and preferably CFA – any level
- A thorough understanding of investment industry roles and processes
- Knowledge and experience of Front Office applications would be helpful: but in particular thinkFolio
- Excellent knowledge of all asset-classes and the use of Derivatives including Swaps and CFDs.
- Life-cycle knowledge of investment process through to implementation, compliance, dealing and operations processes including settlement and reconciliation
- Identify, gather, analyse and document new instrument requirements from the business and translate these into specifications.
- Effectively communicating business specifications to outsourced administrators, internal operational teams, internal IT teams and external application vendors.
- Understand, enhance and deliver improved business processes.
- Develop, co-ordinate and assess the new instrument testing process.
- Manage the new instrument sign-off process.
- Take ownership of new instrument projects, manage resources and delivery. Including UAT
- Communicate project progress effectively to all stakeholders.