This Asset Management firm is looking for a dedicated and self-motivated Project Manager to join their new change management function. You will report directly to the Senior Project Manager, and work closely with the Chief Operating Officer to initiate, plan, manage and implement change programmes required to support the business strategy of the firm.
- 25 days holiday increasing every year
- Upper quartile annual performance-based bonus
- 10% company pension contribution
- Private medical
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the firm’s wish list and establish a business case for proposed projects by documenting:
- the key benefits of the project(s)
- the financial costs and benefits of the project(s)
- the key stakeholders impacted or to be engaged to support the project(s)
- the internal and external resources required to support the projects(s)
- the timescales and milestones required to complete the project(s)
- Ensure projects are conducted in a consistent manner and maintain appropriate task lists, including issue lists, decision logs, risk registers, projects plans etc. documentation as agreed with the COO / Senior Project Manager.
- You will support the successful completion of projects to ensure they operate within the risk and regulatory framework of the firm, and are delivered on time and on budget.
- To agree an appropriate communication strategy with the COO, Senior Project Manager, and stakeholders to ensure all relevant parties are kept informed of the progress made in relation to the firms overall change programme.
- To escalate, in a timely and professional manner, issues & concerns which are creating project blockages or delays to the Senior Project Manager and project steering committee members.
- To identify and legislate for training and development needs related to changes which have been implemented and help co-ordinate deployment.
- Manage and document appropriate handover processes coordinating the generation of any relevant documentation required to ensure the business areas take responsibility for newly implemented changes.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Visio, Word)
- Proven change and project management skills and fully competent at planning, risk management, and dependency-management.
- Confidently deal with complexity in a changing working environment and can flex changes to respond to business, financial or regulatory priorities.
- Able to identify and communicate benefits and challenges of change management projects.
- An awareness of and ability to use accredited change / project management methodology as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to develop relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Strong people management, decision-making and organisational skills
- Ability to define and structure complex problems and evaluate new concepts and ideas, and identify sound and cost effective recommendations and solutions.