Do you have a passion for data, accuracy and efficiency? We have the perfect opportunity available for a Data Analytics Manager to join our client, a major Lloyds Insurance Broker, on a permanent basis.
This varied role is based within the Information Technology department and will involve the development of new visualisations, dashboards and reports to supply statistical data including, premiums, claims, loss ratios, rates, aggregate exposure and KPI’s.
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Leisure scheme/Gym membership subsidy
- Employee discount scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance (Group Income Protection)
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead a team of Data Analysts
- Gather requirements for developing new reports and dashboards to run from the company's internal and external websites and the main broking system
- Monthly regular reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Work alongside the Software Development team to extend the data warehouse for future analytical requirements
- Liaising with the Underwriting, Broking and Claims handling teams to ensure all their reporting needs are met
- Recommending emerging technologies to ensure solutions remain best of breed
- Assisting in the development of the analytics team.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Data Analytics within the Insurance Market
- Degree with numerical/computing components or graduate calibre with strong experience.
- Proven history of managing a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to develop new ideas and to meet deadlines
- Analytical mind with problem solving capabilities
- Detail orientated
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong SQL and data manipulation skills in Microsoft SQL Server including SSRS
- Knowledge of data warehouse principles
- Strong Tableau or relevant Business Intelligence presentation layer tool experience (QlikView, Domo or Microsoft Power BI)
- Predictive Analytics, Data Mining and experience in building Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning models to aid the forecasting of results desirable.