This Investments firm are embarking on a strategic data initiative and we are looking for a Business Data Analyst to join the project at the review and feasibility stage. You will be responsible for providing the initial analysis as well as providing input in to the planning and scoping exercises. This client will look to you to review the existing information around key processes, identify the data attributes and sources that support these processes and to gather requirements from various business stakeholders. These requirements will form the basis for the scope and the shape of the overall programme.
This role is hands on and you will need to feel comfortable operating at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Review existing analysis and remediate where necessary
- Interview key stakeholders and confirm business requirements against the existing Use Cases
- Capture core process and process customers as part of the Use Case review
- Identify applications, data sources, data attributes and data stores used for core processes
- Produce structured outputs in the form of requirements documents, entity relationship diagrams, process maps, workflows & a data attribute matrix
- Work with the Project Management team to scope and size the data initiative
- Deliver initial approach and deliverables
- Identify early risks, issues and assumptions as part of the feasibility study
- Investment Management or Asset Management - direct , significant and recent experience essential
- Data Analysis - preferably as part of a wider data programme
- Knowledge of data analysis best practice
- Structured data and process modelling and mapping skills
- Full project lifecycle experience
- Knowledge of relevant data standards in Investments - FpML, FIX etc.
- Broad asset class coverage
- Track record of working with Front Office and through to Back Office dealing with complex investment data requirements including market data, classifications and exposure modelling
- Industry standard BI tools - Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview etc.
This is a 6 month initial contract that will extend and there is a full statement of work available.