This Investment Management client is looking to expand their technology offering for the business into cloud data warehousing (e.g. SnowFlake and Azure SQL Warehouse) and data lakes.
You will work closely with the Shared Technology IT team to build, maintain and support solutions on the shared technology platforms such as SharePoint, ServiceNow, BluePrism, Talend, Qlik and SQL Server.
- High annual bonus above the norm for Asset Management clients
- Non-contributory pension scheme 10% basic salary
- 25 days holiday increasing after 5 years
- Private healthcare - for employee partner & children
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Sports club membership subsidy - Fitness First & Virgin Active
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loans interest-free
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Dental plan scheme
- Build and support the SQL Server and new instances.
- Build, monitor and support the High Availability infrastructure.
- Backup/recover/rollback production, test, and development DBs.
- Troubleshooting of errors and providing fixes to P1 incidents, including out-of-hours response.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and backups and restores
- Assessment and implementation of changes into the environment.
- Auditing of database activity including follow up of breaches and reporting of abnormal activity.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Assist with applying new Service Packs and CUs.
- Perform Database Migrations
- Development and New Technologies
- Proactively work with IT and business application owners and support teams.
- Assist delivery managers with advice and guidance for new business system requirements and deployments.
- Assist developers with designing, developing, tuning and refinement of solutions.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ working experience as an Engineer, DBA or Developer, with demonstrable experience in NOSQL databases and big data tools such as MongoDB, Casandra, kdb, Hadoop, HBase.
- Working knowledge of Azure or other cloud platforms.
- Scripting knowledge in any of the following PowerShell, R and Python
- Experience with the administration, configuration, and tuning of business-critical databases
- SQL Server experience not essential, but must want to learn it to participate in all above tasks.
- Versatile in data technology, able to adapt to changes in tools and methods.