As a member of the Application Development team, you'll be responsible for configuring, integrating, developing, and supporting off-the-shelf and custom software applications. In this role you'll be involved in a wide variety of high-profile business facing initiatives. You'll work with a team of Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Testers to deliver new features and bug fixes.
- Work with internal staff and third parties (suppliers and partners) to plan and develop software.
- Work with business analysts and end-users to plan and implement feature enhancements and changes to existing systems and processes.
- Assist with the migration from legacy software systems and applications to modem technologies.
- Create, test and maintain program code in line with industry best practice and internal programming guidelines.
- Provide support of the applications developed to other IT teams and also to business users as required.
- Manage work using the software development system, JIRA,
- Able to work effectively and self-sufficiently in a fast changing working environment.
- Microsoft Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core, Web Forms, MVC, LINQ, Entity Framework, Web API, Razor.
- MS SQL (SQL, SSRS, SSIS).
- Project professionalism, enthusiasm and a willingness to achieve results.
- 3-5 years' experience as a Developer in a regulated environment (e.g. banking / financial services / investment management / wealth management).
- Experience using Team Foundation Server for source control.
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, PowerBI, CI/CD, TDD, DevOps and agile development methodologies would be beneficial.
- Experience designing and building microservices an advantage.
This role is offered on a WFH basis although you should be able to attend the office if and when appropriate