This Investments client is creating a Data Management team as part of a new focus on investment operations. The team will:
- Map and optimise dataflows/data processes across the business.
- Deliver intelligence from data.
- Maintain data quality through effective data governance and management to provide a “single source of truth”
The role will neither own the data nor the technical systems that house it but will be responsible for structuring the way that the data is captured, held and made accessible to the data owners and users. This requires understanding of and compliance with GDPR, data governance principles, information barriers and information security.
The role will combine data process architecture with an initial need for practical hands-on data management. The successful candidate must have the ability to grow and manage the team as demand for its support increases.
- To map and own all data flows through the business and determine the most appropriate data management architecture
- To define non-regulatory data policy and processes
- To create and maintain a comprehensive data dictionary
- To monitor and evaluate incoming data files, continually adding any new data received to the dictionary and considering new interfaces by which such data can be received more efficiently
- To identify and automate any data manipulation tasks performed by the business
- To create rule and procedures for effective data sharing
- To establish a centre of excellence for modelling, visualising and reporting data such that the business can come to regard the team as the first place of reference
- To establish audit and hygiene routines to maintain the quality of data
Background, skills & aptitude
- Deep expertise in and love of all things data!
- Knowledge of the investment management industry and experience in handling financial data
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms
- Modelling and data manipulation skills
- Practical experience of process management
- Knowledge of emerging trends and issues within the Data Management landscape
- Experience managing senior business stakeholders up to C-level
Essential skills include:
- Experience of developing Data Warehouses and Data Management for similar organisations
- The ability to establish new data management frameworks and processes from scratch
- Knowledge of platforms such as eFront, Investran, thinkFolio, Charles River, Latent Zero etc. as well as of SQL datasets and of tools such as Power BI
- The ability to use data visualisation tools to improve enterprise reporting capabilities
- The ability to define data standards and to improve process and policies to enhance data quality and effectiveness
- Experience of working with both “business as usual” teams and “business change” teams to cement Data Management
- The ability to build strong relationships and to engage, negotiate, influence and collaborate across the organisation
- Outstanding written documentation and verbal communication
This contract is offered on a work from home basis but you must be able and prepared to attend the offices if and when appropriate