This is a Senior role within Business Solutions – being responsible for the delivery of software development services and the management of a team of Software Developers. Working on a wide variety of products and projects, from technology upgrades through to regulatory business change in systems, the role provides excellent opportunities to make a difference in all areas of the business. You will need to have excellent software development and inter-personal skills alongside a strong understanding of the financial services sector and experience working in a development team within similar organisations.
As a senior member of the Application Development team, you'll be responsible for configuring, integrating, developing, and supporting off-the-shelf and custom software applications. In this role you'll be involved in a wide variety of high-profile business facing initiatives. You'll work with a team of Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Testers to deliver new features and bug fixes.
The position requires experience of the Microsoft .NET software development stack, excellent knowledge of SQL, and ideally Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
As Team Lead, you will provide guidance and mentorship to other members of the team. You will be expected to provide regular updates on work in-progress and to manage the backlog and resources in line with business needs. You will ensure that software development best practices are followed at all times and be required to participate in strategic decisions involving both technology and the direction of the team.
- Management of a small team of Software Developers.
- Building and maintaining a motivated team, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards.
- Fostering a strong team culture of innovation and continuous improvement focused on the pursuit of service excellence.
- Plan, monitor and control the development tasks of the team.
- Work with internal staff and third parties (suppliers and partners) to plan and develop software.
- Work with business analysts and end-users to plan and implement feature enhancements and changes to existing systems and processes.
- Assist with the migration from legacy software systems and applications to modem technologies.
- Create, test and maintain program code in line with industry best practice and internal programming guidelines.
- Provide support of the applications developed to other IT teams and also to business users as required.
- Manage work using the software development system, JIRA, ensuring all work completed is reflected in the tool.
- Able to work effectively and self-sufficiently in a fast changing working environment.
- C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core, Web Forms, MVC, LINQ, Entity Framework, Web API, Razor.
- MS SQL (SQL, SSRS, SSIS).
- Previous experience in mentoring other Software Developers.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to analyse problems and design appropriate solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills and focus on client service and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to meet project deadlines.
- 4-6 years' experience as a Developer in a regulated environment (e.g. banking / financial services / investment management / wealth management).
- Experience using Team Foundation Server for source control.
- Experience using JIRA.
- Experience designing and building microservices.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, PowerBI, CI/CD, TDD, DevOps and agile development methodologies would be beneficial.
This role is offered on a WFH basis although you should be able to attend the office if and when appropriate