Our client is looking for a Lead IT Systems Developer. The role will have a heavy focus on the development of Microsoft Dynamics 365. You also be developing and maintaining other systems and infrastructure, and exploring emerging technologies.
You will be developing and maintaining systems and infrastructure, and exploring emerging technologies.
- Flexible contributory pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days in addition to bank holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Health cashback scheme
- Discounted medical cashback scheme
- Access to an extensive range of corporate discounts on shopping, travel & days out
- Regular staff social events
- To lead the Development and Database Management team
- To provide technical leadership on a range of bespoke software and Business Systems' projects which will include technical design, software creation, testing and implementation
- Manage the organisation’s data governance process, to ensure that high-quality data is maintained throughout its complete lifecycle.
- Establishing processes to ensure important data assets are formally managed throughout the enterprise, and the data is accurate, safe and secure
- Work with the Regional Head of IT and the IT Project Management team to initiate and lead IT development and change that supports the Organisation’s strategies
- Deputise for the Regional Head of IT in their absence for technical matters
- Develop the 'Data Hub' (the central SQL Database) and associated systems in partnership with key stakeholders
- Develop and tailor Microsoft Business Solutions e.g. Dynamics 365 and other Microsoft programs and services, such as SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure to the needs of the Organisation
- Work closely with IT colleagues to ensure consistency and high standards are maintained across the department
- Manage the IT change management procedure, ensuring appropriate communication and compliance throughout the organisation.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure that the process is being followed correctly and that meets the organisational needs.
- Participate in the production and maintenance of documentation, procedures and processes for system implementations
- Ensure that maintenance activities, procedures and processes are communicated effectively and consistently to business users, working with the IT Project Management team to ensure all communications are appropriate and timely
- Manage multiple development activities
- Deliver small projects directly, following the agreed project management framework to ensure a consistent delivery approach
- Proactively keep abreast of emerging technologies and innovative solutions, to ensure the Organisation has the ability to evolve its technical solutions appropriately.
Skills and Experience:
- A proven track record of leading staff and teams within an IT environment
- Experience of working with Microsoft Business Solutions i.e. Dynamics and other Microsoft programs and services, such as SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure.
- Experience of working within a customer facing role.
- Experience of liaising with third-party solution providers.
- Technical experience of implementing, supporting, diagnosing & resolving IT issues to an advanced level.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Ability to analyse information and data logically
- Good decision-making skills
- Ability to manage and motivate
- Highly attentive to detail
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Customer focussed
- Experience of CMS platforms
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects
- Experience of working within an ITIL-based (Helpdesk) environment.