Operations Team Leader Investment Management
21st May 2019
£50k - £55k + Bonus & Benefits
Are you looking for a new role as an Operations Team Leader working for a successful Investments firm? Are you the go-to person in your current Investment Operations team? Do you naturally take the lead in your Operations Team and would you now like to move into this kind of role on a more official basis? Are you already in an Operations Team Lead role but want the opportunity for more personal and professional growth?
Our client is looking for a self-motivated and experience Investment Operations/ Middle Office Team Leader to lead their Operations team.
- 25 days holiday increasing every year
- Upper quartile annual performance-based bonus
- 10% company pension contribution
- Private medical
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Strong MS Office Skills, proficient in Excel and Bloomberg (Must be capable of writing Macros, complex formulae and working with links to external sources especially Bloomberg).
- Middle Office Oversight
- Reconciliations, Stock and Cash
- Experience in supervising others’ operational workload and helping colleagues develop technical/personal skills is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong teamwork ethic with high standards of behaviour
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Delivery focused and able to deliver under pressure to tight deadlines.
- A proven track record in highlighting and mitigating potential risks and implementing process improvements.
- Oversee some of the day-to-day activities in order to ensure work is completed in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Provide fund managers with daily live valuations with up-to-date cash/stock positions.
- Monitor restricted currency trading/contributions/withdrawals and place FX's to cover these.
- Identify potential overdrafts and place FX's to cover any shortfalls where necessary.
- Calculate and process corporate actions as they arise
- Reconcile stock and cash positions on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitor and process all the daily segregated flows.
- Download ISS research and distribute to FM's
- Perform daily disclosure reporting and maintenance of the ongoing working relationship with compliance.
- Generate month end reporting for all segregated clients.
- Ensure the timely opening of accounts for all new funds including relevant custody and broker accounts liaising with all relevant third parties.
- Build and maintain relationships with all the custodians, third party administrators and brokers.
- Oversee the activities of outsourced Middle Office functions
- Oversee the trade matching and settlement of trades.