Our Investment Management client is looking for a Project Manager on a 12 month contract. The role is to perform hands-on project management for some of the projects in the Data Platform team, as well as analysis activities to define and data requirements for client reporting of certain investment capabilities. The projects within the Data Platform team consist of: data governance; benchmark data; performance data; security attribute and classification data; security set-up enhancements; investment team specific data and reporting.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Establish the data warehouse as the central store of data needed to support client reports, factsheets and presentations.
- Ensuring the data is owned and managed.
- Making the data generally accessible for other applications and systems in the business.
- Establish the data warehouse as the central store of data needed to support client reports, factsheets and presentations, to achieve the objectives of the Client Reporting Programme.
- Take ownership of projects and manage resources and delivery.
- Communicate project progress via required reporting packs.
- Work with Business Analysts to engage directly with end users to understand and define/document requirements and translate these into specifications for data delivery.
- Effectively communicate business specifications to internal IT developers and external IT consultants.
- Manage and perform analysis of data from various data sources needed to meet business requirements.
- Assist in gathering and documenting end user requirements for data, reports and analyses, data quality and performance.
- Assess business requirements for analytics and reporting and determine the best sources and types of data to fulfil requirements
- Assist in the development of detailed requirements and manage the data ingestion, extraction, and transformation
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the company’s data warehouse environment.
- Maintain a strong understanding of business information data sources and business data rules.
- Where relevant, determine roles and responsibilities for data ownership, agreeing who will take responsibility for each type of data, and defining the controls required in order to ensure quality.
- 5+ years of asset management experience in a project management capacity
- An excellent knowledge of Asset Management and data management, and client reporting processes.
- A thorough understanding of investment industry roles and processes
- Demonstrable history of working with other investment industry organisations, external vendors and consultants.
- Experience of managing data governance and data sourcing and management projects
- An understanding of data architecture as it relates to systems and data flow.
- Experience of data management and governance techniques
- Knowledge of Enterprise wide Data Governance framework and standards
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholders in multiple global locations.
- Experience of working with KeyedIn, ServiceNow PPM or similar project management system.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate self-initiative
- Strong ability in analysing data, along with presenting the data in an easy to understand, meaningful way
- Strong problem solving ability/logical thinker and highly numerate
- Ability to see the bigger picture
- Must be organised and able to prioritize duties and responsibilities
- Strong personality, self-assured, self-confident and assertive
- Able to work in a team and possibly lead BAs and IT developers.
- A passion for change and a sense of real achievement based on delivery