We have an excellent opportunity available for a Senior Actuarial Analyst / Actuarial Manager to join a leading insurance organisation.
You will be assisting in delivering data-driven analysis, performing and reviewing actuarial modelling. As a senior member of the Actuarial Team the role requires a high degree of competence and specialist knowledge to ensure the Actuarial Department continues to meet the expectations of Senior Management.
- 25 days’ holiday (rising to 27 days after 3 years) - with the ability to buy an additional 5 days
- 37.5 hours per week – flexitime
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Personal car lease option
- Company pension
- Health and dental plans
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance (4 x salary)
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounts on a wide range of retailers
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model, interpret and monitor business data to identify and confirm market trends and niche product opportunities.
- Carry out and supervise elements of the quarterly and monthly reserve review exercises carried out across the team, as well as additional claims related analyses.
- Conduct and oversee regular and ad hoc pricing analyses to support Underwriting teams.
- Mentor junior members of the Group actuarial team.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of effective statistical models and MI in relation to the company's underwriting performance and pricing strength.
- Contribute to the development and launch of new products from an Actuarial perspective.
- Liaise directly with stakeholders, in particular Underwriting, Finance and Claims teams.
- To support the Heads of Actuarial and Chief Actuary as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritise work, be a confident decision maker, proactive and innovative.
- A good working knowledge of the commercial lines market.
- A sound understanding of reserving and pricing analysis and principles & experience of a wide range of technical issues.
- Strong IT skills and in-depth experience of Excel and working knowledge of SAS is essential. Additional IT skills (Python, R) may be beneficial.
- A high level of understanding of modern actuarial and statistical modelling and techniques is essential.
- A flair for manipulating and interpreting data and making decisions or recommendations as appropriate is essential.
- Excellent skills in explaining, both internally and externally to key business partners, pricing decisions based on detailed analysis.
- Able to work with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to lead by example, maintain a visible leadership presence, experience of managing and addressing performance consistently.
- Ability to delegate effectively and mentor, coach and develop less experienced members of the team.