As a senior member of the Consultancy Services team, you will have significant experience in providing analysis for the selection and implementation of business software. Ideally, you will have a business background with exposure to Wealth Management operations and regulatory topics or have worked on such projects from the technology side. In this Senior Business Analyst role, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between the business and technology; using analytics to assess processes, determining requirements and delivering recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders. You will articulate ideas and balance them against what’s technologically feasible and financially and functionally reasonable.
Responsibilities will include leading small to mid-size projects and assisting other project managers on larger more complex projects. As a senior-level Business Analyst, you will be viewed as an expert on best practices within the business analysis field and will contribute to our internal artefacts and workflow. You will be expected to use your experience to mentor the junior and mid-level Business Analysts in the organization.
- Developing clear and accurate business requirement specifications, ensuring that all needs are identified clearly and unambiguously, with detailed consideration for all project and technical dependencies and risks.
- Working in both Waterfall and Agile spaces, an ability to capture user requirements and user stories, in collaboration with business stakeholders.
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Produce solution options to address business, user and data requirements highlighting business benefits/issues per solution.
- Ensure the efficient integration of new systems, programs, and applications with business operations and services.
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive) at all times.
- Lead or participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation in a timely manner; managing project scope and resources; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships.
- Work with development teams to ensure user requirements are successfully translated into corresponding technical specifications.
- Develop and execute test plans. Work with system testers and system users to support the completion of testing activities.
- Ensure acceptance and ongoing success of our technology implementations by engaging with Support teams early and producing user guides in support of new system development, as well as workflows for ongoing management and support.
- Meet with project team regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines.
- Establish credible relationships with business stakeholders ensuring communication levels are frequent and at the right level of detail.
- Coordinate and oversee the work of other BAs as it relates to a specific project.
- Participate in the running of the BA Forum to bring together Business Analysts from other teams to discuss best practices and industry trends.
- Adhere to all Information Security Policies.
- Completing other duties as directed by the Lead Project Manager.
- The nature of the role may require some work outside of normal business hours including weekends, evenings and public holidays.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand problems and express the complexity of them in clear terms to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to take the initiative, be assertive and think strategically.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver quality work effectively and self-sufficiently in a fast changing working environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and organisation skills with a focus on meeting deadlines and escalating when issues impacting timelines occur.
- Strong data analysis abilities in Microsoft Excel - proficiency in SQL and other scripting languages to aid analysis and testing a bonus.
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Flexibility to lead and motivate others to deliver on project objectives whilst at other times being able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst or 1-2 years’ experience as a Senior Business Analyst in the Wealth Management industry.
- A strong understanding of Operational teams and the regulatory and reporting requirements of a Wealth Management firm.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of projects covering business change and IT.
- Experience with Figaro or Avaloq or Xplan or Pulse is desirable.
- Proven stakeholder management experience and relationship building skills.
This job is offered on a work from home basis although you must be willing and able to attend the office if and when appropriate