As a Senior Fund Dealer you will be responsible for all Fund Dealing at the firm with the help of a Fund Dealing Assistant. In addition to BAU you will get exposure to various projects related to your function. This team is focussed on taking Fund trades and overseeing trades taken by the third party administrator (TPA). As this is a small team, you will need to be a Senior Fund Dealer or Fund Dealing Manager already as you will need to be effective in the job from day one.
- Taking all fund trades from brokers and financial institutions.
- Processing orders on internal system.
- Producing accurate daily, monthly and quarterly sales figures for Finance and Sales
- Overseeing and updating client discount and commission terms, ensuring they are set up correctly with third party administrator
- Work with administrator in chasing outstanding debtors and creditors
- Work with sales team to ensure accurate sales figures are maintained
- Produce and maintain underlying client database and use it to produce figures used in quarterly board papers.
- Calculate ‘staff’ rebates on a quarterly basis
- Ensure that all client/staff ad hoc and dealing queries are answered correctly and in a timely manner
- Work with Euroclear and Calastone to encourage clients to trade via STP
- Maintain a relationship with the key vendors to ensure that the dealing system produces accurate information and statistics
- Working on projects that sit within the Dealing team but also firm wide.
- Manage quarterly trailer fee process
- Oversee day to day relationship the Custodian
- Coordinate Fund dealing aspects of the product launch process.
- Mentor/ Manage Fund Dealing Assistant
Person Type & Behaviours:
- Maintains a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and high levels of accuracy
- Client focused.
- Extremely organised with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Takes ownership of problems and accepts responsibility for resolving them; knows when to involve others.
- Sets high standards of excellence and focuses on achieving them.
- Proactive and logical thinker
- Be able to work to deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Work as part of a team
You should be prepared to take relevant professional qualifications (IOC or IMC) if you do not already hold them.
This role is currently WFH however there is a planned phased approach back to the office on a blended basis and you must be willing and able to attend as appropriate.