As a Senior Service Centre Engineer you will provide high quality second-line support to this company's employees in their UK and channel island offices as well as to their end clients using online and mobile apps. In addition to user support, you will be an expert in desktop computing using your skills to resolve issues quickly and implement improvements. You will also contribute to various IT projects.
Essential Technical Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of desktop and internet technologies (3+ years experience).
- Active Directory including management of Group Policy
- Mailbox creation and management
- Strong skills and demonstrable experience in using and supporting Windows and Microsoft Office suite of products (3+ years experience in a similar role).
- Strong desktop hardware experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of networking concepts, mapping network drives etc..
- Advanced knowledge of Apple iOS devices.
- Experience using endpoint management tools, such as Microsoft SCCM and Blackberry UEM.
- Experience with an IT Service Management tool such as Service Now
Desirable Technical Requirements:
- Windows 10
- Knowledge of information security concepts and risks.
- ITIL v3 Foundation qualification and working familiarity with ITIL service management practices.
- Respond to a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfil requests or enable resolution.
- Provide second line investigation and diagnosis and promptly escalate unresolved issues as appropriate.
- Assist with the development of standards, and applies these to track, monitor, report, resolve or escalate issues.
- Write and update technical and process documentation.
- Build new laptop and desktop workstations.
- Perform security administration tasks, including executing the employee joiner, leaver, and transfers processes.
- Identify required software updates and coordinating the packaging, testing and deployment of updates.
- Carryout IT desktop computer deployments and moves.
- Undertaking projects .