SQL Systems Engineer with SSRS - Investment Management
26th May 2021
£74,000 - £81,500 DOE & Good Benefits
This Investments client are implementing eFront as its investment portfolio book of record and investment management platform. The delivery project is in its final phase with a project team focused on data migration, report development and functionality testing. We are now recruiting a SQL Systems Engineer to join the delivery project and assist the final development work before transitioning with the delivered platform into the BAU IT Team.
- Implement changes to and undertake non-routine maintenance and support on Azure and 365 hosted systems
- Provide technical support when necessary to a managed service provider that provides first-line response to day-to-day desktop, server and networking issues
- Provide subject matter expertise for current systems
- Take specific responsibility for the eFront platform becoming the expert for the platform and the standard eFront reporting suite to include standard and additional report and dashboards, data extracts and queries.
- Manage and maintain a report catalogue
Skills & Aptitude Required:
- Previous experience as a system engineer in Private Equity, Asset Management or Investment Banking environment operating with a managed service partner:
- Experience of eFront or Aladdin platforms (or similar portfolio management/fund admin systems such as Investran, Framework, AnalytX)
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, SSRS, DBMS and reporting tools
- Experience of the Microsoft 365 suite and Azure hosting
- Successful management of small technology implementation/change projects
- Some experience in setting up/managing SharePoint sites and sensitivity labelling
- Good written and verbal communication skills to promote effective liaison with other departments and team.
- Taking a consultative approach when dealing with stakeholders
- Good planning skills coupled with a problem solving & implementing mentality
- Rigorous and good at documenting solutions
- Results focus and drive to achieve objectives/results and to meet agreed deadlines.
- Attention to detail, as operational responsibilities require thorough and disciplined attitude to all tasks.
- Good inter-personal skills and must be approachable for assistance and able to provide guidance to users.
This client are currently planning a phased return to the office and so you must be willing and able o attend site as and when appropriate.