Our Investment Management client is looking for an SQL Technical Business Analyst to join the Risk & Performance Technologies team on a permanent basis.
This would ideally suit someone with a strong personality with the ability to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and cope well under pressure.
Our client offers excellent compensation with annual bonuses well above the norm for the Asset Management sector, as well as real chances for progression.
- High annual bonus
- Sports club membership subsidy - Fitness First & Virgin Active
- Season ticket loans interest free
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- 25 days holiday increasing after 5 years
- Non-contributory pension scheme 10% basic salary
- Dental plan scheme
- Private healthcare - for employee partner & children
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Critical illness cover
- Assisting with the loading of historical data to support the migration to a transactions-based attribution reporting system
- Assisting with the file upload requirements for the new risk system implementation
- Familiarisation with all extracts from the data warehouse going to downstream risk and performance systems
- 3rd line platform support of these SQL queries and extracts, optimisation, liaison with the business and Business Analysts to assist with troubleshooting
- Communicating requirements to the Vendor
- Preparation of test packs to reflect the business requirement for more complex 3rd line support solutions and mini-projects
- Strong SQL analysis and development expertise.
- Performance and attribution vendor systems experience
- Risk vendor systems experience
- Experience with Bloomberg, Qlikview & thinkFolio would be an advantage.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- A strong understanding of data and systems architecture in the context of Front Office and Operations
- End to end investment life-cycle knowledge from dealing to downstream reporting
- Knowledge of all asset-classes and the use of Derivatives.
- A good understanding of the full project life cycle.
- Ideally you will have experience of working on a Performance Attribution or Risk system implementation or upgrade project – systems such as StatPro, FactSet, BISAM, UBS Delta, Aladdin, Barra, RiskMetrics etc.