Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This role is for a business analyst within IT for the Data Platform team. The Data Platform team is currently focused on a series of projects that form part of the Data Hub Programme, these projects aim to:
- Establish the data warehouse as the central store of data needed to support client reports, factsheets and presentations.
- Ensuring the data is owned and managed.
- Making the data generally accessible for other applications and systems in the business.
- Core task requirements/responsibilities include:
- Engage directly with end users to understand and define/document requirements and translate these into specifications for data delivery.
- Perform analysis of data from various data sources needed to meet business requirements.
- Assist in gathering and documenting end user requirements for data, reports and analyses, data quality and performance.
- Assess business requirements for analytics and reporting and determine the best sources and types of data to fulfil requirements
- Assist in the development of detailed requirements and manage the data ingestion, extraction, and transformation
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the company’s data warehouse environment.
- Maintain a strong understanding of business information data sources and business data rules.
- Where relevant, determine roles and responsibilities for data ownership, agreeing who will take responsibility for each type of data, and defining the controls required in order to ensure quality.
- 5+ years of asset management experience in a data analysis capacity
- An excellent knowledge of Asset Management and data management.
- A thorough understanding of investment industry roles and processes
- Demonstrable history of working with other investment industry organisations, external vendors and consultants.
- Experience of working on data governance and data sourcing and management projects
- The ability to source and join data from multiple sources, and experience integrating data models/streams
- An understanding of data architecture as it relates to systems and data flow.
- Experience of data management and governance techniques
- Knowledge of Enterprise wide Data Governance framework and standards
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholders in multiple global locations.
- Proficient SQL skills and an understanding of databases (Data Warehousing desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate self-initiative
- Strong ability in analysing data, along with presenting the data in an easy to understand, meaningful way
- Strong problem solving ability/logical thinker and highly numerate
- Ability to see the bigger picture
- Must be organised and able to prioritize duties and responsibilities
- Strong personality, self-assured, self-confident and assertive
- Able to work in a team and possibly lead BAs and IT developers
- A passion for change and a sense of real achievement based on delivery