Are you looking for a new contract as an Application Support Analyst? Our client, a Lloyd’s Managing Agency, is looking for a flexible and enthusiastic Technical Support Analyst to join their IT team and help support key business applications, implement enhancement releases, and document processes & procedures by liaising with the wider IT team and working closely with 3rd party vendors.
This contract will run till the end of the year with the possible chance of extension.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the clients in-house & 3rd party business systems across Policy Administration, Workflow & Document Management, Aggregation, Pricing, and Reporting.
- Provide day to day support for user queries
- Coordinate and implement enhancements releases and support rollout activities.
- Investigation of problems with systems and testing of bugs found in custom built systems.
- Coordination with 3rd party support teams to ensure problems are investigated and rectified in a timely manner.
- Ensures that support activities and metrics are within defined SLAs and KPIs.
- Comprehensive documentation of application environments, data-flows, and support processes.
- Involvement in periodic audits of IT processes by internal and external auditors.
- Proactively propose and prototype new ideas/approaches.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small team.
- Hands on experience of configuring and deploying vendor applications
- Working knowledge of Windows 7/10, Server 2008/2012
- Experience of off-the-shelf insurance applications such as: Subscribe, Genius, ImageRight, Exact Advantage, Igloo, and MMT.
- Experience of supporting the Subscribe underwriting system
- Experience of the Exact Advantage aggregation system
- Good Experience of web server technology
- Good understanding and experience of SQL database management systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Working knowledge of industry best practices, ITIL (incident, problem, change, release).
- Basic knowledge of SDLC processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of general infrastructure components
- Good Technical Writing Skills
Personal Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in the insurance industry, preferably London Market
- 5 Years of application support responsibilities and experience
- Great customer service ethic
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and understand new products quickly
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Clear communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external customers
- Able to manage own workload and juggle tasks appropriately
- Proactive with suggestions for improvements
- Demonstrates ownership and responsibility