Our Insurance client is looking to recruit a Test Lead on a permanent basis to join their team in Stevenage. The successful candidate will be managing the existing test team as well as working on multiple projects, the main one being a system replacement for both Policy & Claims.
The purpose of the role is to plan, monitor and control all the testing activities and tasks, including the day-to-day management of the existing Test Team. The Post Holder will also be responsible for producing regular status and test reports.
This role is ideal for a hands on Test Manager or an experienced Tester with some experience of leading a team.
- Annual bonus
- Generous employer pension contribution
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday entitlement increasing +1 each year (max 30 days)
- 9-5 working hours
- Smart casual dress code
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To maintain and expand the existing Information Systems Test Strategy including the drive to more automated testing.
- To deliver initial estimates of the testing effort needed for new developments and functional enhancements.
- To deliver Test Strategies and Test Plans for all new developments and functional enhancements, plus risk assessments and the associated mitigation plans and contingency actions.
- To plan, monitor and control all the testing work, including User Acceptance Testing undertaken by subject matter experts situated within the business.
- To review change requests, assessing the impact on test plans and schedules.
- To report on the status and progress of all testing activities for new developments and functional enhancements.
- To be responsible for creating and maintaining the necessary test environments.
- To ensure proper configuration management of all the test documentation produced.
- To produce Test Reports and actively participate in “Go / No Go” meetings.
- To lead the recruitment of additional testers as and when needed.
- To provide leadership and guidance to the test team on best practice, plus develop and agree realistic training and development plans.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Qualification in ISTQB or ISEB
- Experience working on Policy & Claims system replacement projects
- 2-3 years practical experience leading and developing test teams
- Proven track record of recommending and implementing improvements for both software development and test life cycles.
- Practical experience of implementing test automation tools.
- Demonstrable experience of testing web based applications together with a working knowledge of web based technologies.
- Demonstrable database expertise sufficient to create reasonably complex SQL queries.
- Previous programming experience would be a bonus
- Knowledge of automation tools
- Knowledge of UK household insurance products.
- Knowledge of General Insurance business applications such as TIA.
- Use of project management tools such as Jira.
- Awareness of testing tools such as Axe from Odin and/or Selenium