As a member of the Data Development team, you will be responsible for developing ways to consolidate, analyse, and present our data to support the operations and future growth of our business. In this role you will be involved in a wide variety of high-profile business facing initiatives from developing data extracts and PowerBI reports to optimising the data warehouse to deliver data more quickly to the business each day. You will use both agile and waterfall approaches to deliver new features, enhancements and bug fixes.
The job does require experience of WhereScape RED and the Microsoft SQL data development stack together with past exposure to ELT/ETL tools.
- Data warehouse design and implementation working towards the creation of a single source of truth.
- Creation of management information dashboards.
- Work with business analysts and end-users to plan and implement feature enhancements and changes to existing systems, processes and data warehouses.
- Working with internal staff and third parties (suppliers and partners) to plan and develop new databases, extracts and reports.
- Assist with the migration from legacy software systems and reports to modem technologies.
- Create, test and maintain code in line with industry best practice and internal programming guidelines.
- Provide support of the systems developed to other IT teams and also to business users as required.
- Manage work using the JIRA project tracking software, ensuring all work completed is reflected in the tool.
Skills & Experience Needed:
- WhereScape RED
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016+
- Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Integration Services (SSIS)
- Analysis Services (SSAS) - Tabular
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop
- Microsoft Power BI Report Server
- Data Modelling (Kimball Methodology)
- Data Warehouse Development/ETL/ELT
- Mathematical languages (e.g. DAX, MDX)
- Source Control (GIT through Azure Dev Ops)
- CI/CD (Azure DevOps Pipelines)
- Master and Reference Data Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and focus on client service and attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet project deadlines
- Project professionalism, enthusiasm and a willingness to achieve results
- Scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Python, VBA)
- Other data modelling methodologies (e.g. Data Vault, Inmon etc.)
You will need 4+ years' experience as a BI Developer in a regulated environment (e.g. banking / financial services / wealth management).and a minimum 1-2 years’ experience developing solutions with WhereScape RED.