This is a nice remote 1st Line Helpdesk role with a prestigious independent Investments firm, joining a team supporting 2,300 users across 30 locations in 12 countries. We are offering a 6 month rolling contract and the potential to become permanent in the future.
You will be working remotely but you will need to be able to attend the Mayfair office if an when appropriate and so you will need to live in a commutable location and be happy with this journey. The team operates in a rotating shift pattern between the hours of 08:00 & 19:00, and you will also ned to participate in the on call rota which covers evenings and weekends around once a month.
Youi will be supporting around 500 users across Europe, Asia, and Middle East on a busy follow the sun help desk.
Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills are required and you must be able to think on your feet and work well as part of a team to deliver best outcomes for users.
- Ideally 1-3 years’ experience supporting end-users with software, hardware and network issues via phone and a Help Desk management system. - preferably ServiceNow
- Ability to handle high profile end users with professionalism and empathy.
- Ability to learn new technologies and methods quickly and to communicate technical detail across all levels.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and great phone manner.
- Self-motivated, punctual and able to work to deadlines.
- Experience using a help desk management system.
- General interest and savviness in technology
- Act as the first point of contact for all technical queries via the Helpdesk management system (ServiceNow) and over the phone.
- Ensure all calls and emails are responded to in an efficient manner and taken ownership of from capture through to resolution while meeting service level agreements.
- Ensure all queries are maintained, updated, and escalated where appropriate using ServiceNow helpdesk management system.
- Maintain end user facing and internal department documentation.
- Identify areas of potential improvement, highlight problems, and suggest solutions to ensure continuity of service delivery.
- Complete the on-boarding and off-boarding processes for new joiners and leavers.
- Liaise with third party solution providers on escalated issues and keep users informed of progress.
- Carry out other duties as required to support the overall effectiveness of the IT Department.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016 and hopefully Office 365
- Basic account and group management in Active Directory, and MS Exchange.
- Experience/understanding of mobile device management (Airwatch & MS Intune preferred).
- Experience/understanding of systems management tool (Landesk preferred).
Nice To Have:
- Financial industry experience.
- Office relocation/desk move experience.
- ITIL, CompTIA or O365 certifications.
- Audio/visual system Support e.g. Polycom
- Experience supporting phones system adds/moves/changes e.g. Cisco, Avaya etc..
- Experience of IT support across multiple time zones.
- Any of these language skills - French, German, Spanish, Arabic - to help support our foreign language speaking users
- Understanding of Group Policy design, management and implementation.
- Experience using ServiceNow.
Although this role is REMOTE and offering on a WORK FROM HOME basis you must be able and willing to attend the office in Mayfair once a month or when reasonably required.