We, The Bowers Partnership Limited, (Company NO. 8610517) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We are a specialised and progressive recruitment consultancy. We place the care of our candidates and the integrity of our clients at the centre of everything we do. This includes how we look after the information you provide.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us through our site: www.bowerspartnership.com (our site) or by using our applications, corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our service, our site, or when you submit a CV. The information may include your name, and contact details, as well as personal information and employment history.
- We rely on your consent to process such personal data and this will have been obtained when you provide any personal data to us or when you submitted your CV. Please note, that you have a right to withdraw your consent for processing at any time by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at The Long Barn, Cooks Corner Business Park, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6 1TQ. We will stop processing if we have no other legal basis or requirement to do so. Where the personal data collected includes sensitive/special category data, we will obtain a separate, explicit consent from you for this, which may be withdrawn in the same way.
- We have a legitimate interest to process your data in order to communicate with and provide our services to you, understand and analyse the performance of the company and to generally manage and improve our operations, as long as this interest is not outweighed by your rights, as detailed below.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide our services to you and to enable use of our site and job applications by you;
- to be able to submit your CV for job applications, or potential positions of interest (please see below);
- to assist us in finding appropriate and suitable jobs for you;
- to respond to your communications and enquiries;
- to help us improve our services and site, and to improve our candidate and client experience;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
If you subscribe to job alerts emails, we will require your email address and will update you, by e-mail, of the latest relevant jobs for you. If you no longer want to receive these updates an unsubscribe link is provided in every job alert email sent to you.
You can submit your CV by email, via our website, application or by giving your CV to us in person. This may be to apply for a specific role or for consideration by our consultants for any new positions. This may include sharing your CV with our clients and contacts in relation to jobs which may be of interest to you, but you will have consented to this when submitting your CV and if you wish to withdraw your consent then please contact us on the details below.
We may also have received your CV from a third party ‘job board’ and you will have previously provided your consent to them for this to happen. If you wish to withdraw your consent to us using this CV, please also contact us on the details below.
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the European Union without your prior consent.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL CONSENT
All information you provide to us is stored securely. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
When you visit our site or application we will automatically collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), site movement, services viewed (including date and time) or searched for, length of visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting and is not shared with anyone.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets. If the Bowers Partnership Limited merges with or is acquired by another business, personal data held by us may be shared, but you will be sent notice in advance.
We will need to share your personal information with the following third parties in order to administer our business including:
- specialist IT support, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of this site, our applications and any contract we enter into with them or you, including CNSpecialists, Colleague Software and Firefish Software.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
These are the cookies we use and why:
||We use this to identify each session that is open on our site. This cookie holds no personal data. All it stores is an ID number generated by us.
||First Party Cookie & Session Cookie
||First Party Cookie & Persistent Cookie
||We use this cookie to notify a user that they are using an outdated version of IE and that they should upgrade. This cookie holds no personal data.
||First Party Cookie & Persistent Cookie
||This cookie is used to keep track of hen a user had made a failed login attempt. This cookie holds no personal data.
||First Party Cookie & Functional Cookie
||This cookie is used to identify when a user has opened the current job advert page from a link send to them by email from us. (E.G. Job Alerts, Mailshots)
||First Party Cookie
||This is a cookie we use to authenticate a logged in user on our site, effectively this is how we keep you logged into our site and able to navigate the site without needing to login every time.
||First Party Cookie & persistent Cookie
A web beacon is an often-transparent small graphic image that is placed on a website or in an email that is used to monitor the behaviour of the user visiting the website or sending the email. It is often used in combination with cookies. We may obtain data (including but not limited to your browser information) through these automated collection methods as you click through various pages on our website. You may be able to restrict or disable certain types of cookies; however, this may prevent full use of all the features on our site.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL BE STORED
Your personal data will be stored for no longer than 3 years following you ceasing to be registered with us as a candidate or as a registered user of the site.
If you have registered to receive communications from us as part of our mailing list, then we will keep your personal data for 3 years, at which time we will seek to obtain consent from you to continue storing your data and contacting you. If this is not received we will automatically delete your personal data at that time.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data if you do not believe we are permitted to do so, including for marketing purposes. Following such notification, we will stop processing your personal data unless there is a legal basis or requirement to do so.
We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes. We will only use your data for this if you have agreed in advance.
CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
If you notify us that the personal data we hold is complete or inaccurate we will correct or complete the information as soon as possible.
DELETION OF INFORMATION
You have the right to request that your personal data be deleted; including if we no longer need it for the purpose we collected it, or you withdraw your consent.
Following such a request we will erase your personal data without undue delay unless continued retention is necessary and permitted by law. If we made the personal data public, we will take reasonable steps to inform other data controllers processing about your erasure request.
RESTRICTION ON PROCESSING
You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data, but hold it for you, in the event the personal data we hold is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful or we no longer need the personal data. Once the processing is restricted, we will only continue to process your personal data if you consent or we have another legal basis for doing so.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you and any access request will usually be free of charge. We will endeavour to provide information in a format requested, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for additional copies.
You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data which you gave to us. The copy will be provided in a commonly used and machine-readable format. You can also have it transmitted directly from us to another data controller, where technically possible.
You have the right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office at the following address:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 (EU 2016/679), the data controller is The Bowers Partnership Limited of 7 Nelson Street, Southend on Sea, Essex, SS1 1EH.
Last updated 3rd June 2018